Normal map problem on model(s).

• Hello guys!

Firstly sorry for my english. Today I wanted to check how's the normal map working.

So I made simply and fast modell in Blender, set up every texture. Now here's the problem.

With Simple texture option everything is working fine and perfectly. When I select the Complex map with normal everything is going into black with really low opacity and bad reflection on windows. The tangent info is already activated on that material. (The normal texture was generated on the well known online site.) Sorry if I missed something in the settings or anywhere.

I'm attaching some photos. Here you can see my files, setups in the CT and my settings.

Thanks for your answer!

Greetings!

• PilotaMatyi01

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Alpha channel problem on model(s).“ zu „Normal map problem on model(s).“ geändert.
  • I've had the exact same behavior some time ago, also only happening when a NormalMap was applied. Tangent info was applied before ofcourse.

Unfortunately i do not know how (or if) i solved it. It took me some time. I think i changed the way how i exportet the Maps, (nvidia exporter, intel, etc) and also their format.

Maybe you could give it a try. I remember that it was really annoying, cause i had to try several things, and could not exactly tell where this weird behavior came from.

• ....I think i changed the way how i exportet the Maps, (nvidia exporter, intel, etc) and also their format...

Thanks. Sadly as you said it's really hard to find where is this setting in the nVidia Exporter because I don't know what is the exact problem. :(

....and now the nVidia Exporter cut my picture around the windows edge. :(

• "Scaling of detailtexture" should not be 1 but 0, because I'm sure you does not want to use a detail texture. ;-) I know, you've never entered this value, but this happens while translating the material from Simple to Complex.
    • But the main problem is a problem of the ContentTool: After adding tangent information, you have to restart the ContentTool... :-(
    • "Scaling of detailtexture" should not be 1 but 0, because I'm sure you does not want to use a detail texture. ;-) I know, you've never entered this value, but this happens while translating the material from Simple to Complex.
    • But the main problem is a problem of the ContentTool: After adding tangent information, you have to restart the ContentTool... :-(

...aaaand It's working! Thanks for the clarification. :)

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav