Foreign characters in IBIS, front display and inner display

• In my PIS for Copenhagen are, obviously, Danish-only letters (æ, ø and å). Also, some of the stops contain parantheses, which I noticed the LCD displays won't accept.

What would the easiest way be for me to implement these characters into the said displays, or will I need to make my own for this?

And what are the steps to do this correctly?

-Thor

• They have to be added manually to the fonts... the best way would be contacting the authors of the original fonts that they add them to their font. Which fonts should get these letters? Do you mean the LCD outside displays, which are used by the ND313? Or the inside LCDs?

• Do you mean the LCD outside displays, which are used by the ND313? Or the inside LCDs?

I mean the inside single-line ones which are part of the base content with the GT6N.

And the standard IBIS computer display for that tram as well.

Also, I have one more question: Am I able to create my own font for the existing modules or is that not possible? :)

-Thor

• Also, I have one more question: Am I able to create my own font for the existing modules or is that not possible?

Sorry, but currently, that's not possible, perhaps later! ;-)

I mean the inside single-line ones which are part of the base content with the GT6N.

And the standard IBIS computer display for that tram as well.

OK, since we've made this font, please tell us, which letters do you missing. What's about the outer matrix flip dot?

• Maybe it would be a good idea to not only add these few letters, but define a standard for new fonts that includes all latin letters as well as most local special characters. As there are way more than just danish letters, which have also been asked about multiple times now if I remember right. E.g. French (çœëâ...), Hungarian (ŐŰ...) Czech (čďťůš...) to name only a few of them. Maybe even add cyrillic letters? I would absolutely prefer to have a common standard from the beginning that covers everything than constantly adding more letters to the fonts, three or four at a time.

• Sorry, but currently, that's not possible, perhaps later! ;-)

That would be nice, if implemented. :)

OK, since we've made this font, please tell us, which letters do you missing. What's about the outer matrix flip dot?

As for the characters I'm missing, are the following:

Æ Ø Å æ ø å and parantheses ().

Parantheses, since many stops in Copenhagen follow this exact format: Name_of_the_stop (Name_of_the_current_road)

Example: Nørreport St. (Nørre Voldgade)

And the outer LCD's and flipdots would be nice to have with this addition as well. :)

Also in regards to this, I would like the inner LCD to show first the stop name, then the current road name. I guess that is possible with a special PIS?

but define a standard for new fonts that includes all latin letters as well as most local special characters.

Definitely agree on this one. That would make it so much easier for foreign content developers, if every character is implemented from the start.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav