Lotus engine vulkan support?

• Hello, I know that lotus runs OpenGL. And if you do a quick research on google you will see how terrible amd opengl drivers are, while the nvidia ones are not that bad.
    The only two ways to improve performance in Amd Gpu are: linux release (because the drivers are open source but it’s not comfortable to boot between windows and linux just to play lotus) or the best thing would be a Vulkan Lotus Engine.

I saw on the oriolus website that this is possibile, so when it will be available? :)

• Janine

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet
  • I suppose right now there's the priority of developing the program and modules, the custom engine (does it have a name or it's just "The Oriolus Engine"?) and the official vehicles and maps, and further performance patches... I hope at the time they move to Vulkan, the API still is alive and isn't deprecated and replaced with a new technology. ^^°

frankrodriguez.net

Projekte:

Netzpläne LOTUS

:U: Metro de Barcelona Línia 1 (eingestellt)

• At least with OpenGL it’s easier when you execute LOTUS under steam’s Proton. So I assume when Marcel decides to port the program to Linux it’ll be very easy to proceed.

frankrodriguez.net

Projekte:

Netzpläne LOTUS

• I would be VERY suprised if LOTUS (or any simulator or game, ever) would be ported to Linux.

There are dozens (pff, hundreds) of versions of Linux, and even big, well maintained versions (like Debian) are full of BS like only the latest kernel is available (so if you have a let's say half year old kernel, you can't even upgrade it, because the intermediate versions are not available...).

Also the dev team is not very big, I suppose they have "enough problems" just to develop and maintain the program to one OS (win 32 & 64 bit, though I don't know if 32 bit is still supported).

• I would be VERY suprised if LOTUS (or any simulator or game, ever) would be ported to Linux.

There are dozens (pff, hundreds) of versions of Linux, and even big, well maintained versions (like Debian) are full of BS like only the latest kernel is available (so if you have a let's say half year old kernel, you can't even upgrade it, because the intermediate versions are not available...).

Also the dev team is not very big, I suppose they have "enough problems" just to develop and maintain the program to one OS (win 32 & 64 bit, though I don't know if 32 bit is still supported).

I used diffrent Versions of Linux for about 4 years and as far as I can tell, most of the problems are just because smt. small is missing. I think general support isn't that much work.

• I would be very surprised too, but I don't know, considering OpenGL and other stuff, seems like LOTUS screams portability.

We have proton to solve the problem right now (it runs OK, tho I have some sound problems, but probably there's a workaround somewhere), but this proton solution can't be a permanent one, it's like the 64 mode in the Commodore 128: "Why do we have to make a new native version when there's already a compatibility layer".

I hope in the future the program can get completely rid of any microsoft dependence (I don't know if it needs some kind of API or another stuff I won't ever know), because I personally want LOTUS to be screaming in an UNIX-like environment (call it Linux, call it BSD, call it whatever). Or just being a baremetal program without any abstraction layer on the way.

frankrodriguez.net

Projekte:

Netzpläne LOTUS

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav