Problems moving Content Tool and Map Editor installation location

• Hi everybody,

Today I bought a brand new outside SSD, so I decided to move the LOTUS game to the harddisk from my old outside HDD. Unfortunately, I recognised the main game moving is impossible, so I decided to I will move the Content Tool and the Map Editor to the new harddisk. So I went to Content Tool's propertis, I selected the "local files" menu, and after that I choosed the "Move install folder..." menu and I selected the new installiation folder (the old was F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common and new was D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam). After that, I wanted to move the Map Editor to the new folder, like the Content Tool, but I had an error message ("invalid installiation path"). After that, I wanted to the LOTUS's workable possibilities, but when I started the, I suprised, because the Steam downloaded again the main game. That was starting to get suspicious, so I checked new the folder, and I saw the all game was moved to the new installiation folder (D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common), but the main game's and the Map Editor's installiation path not changed in the Steam, but the Content Tool's path changed.

My Steam libraries in the settings:

F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam (main)

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam) (subfolder)

(And my operation system's boot harddisk is the C, which an inside SSD, I don't know if it's important the this information.)

• I found The best way to move Lotus is to uninstall the Map editor and the Content tool, move Lotus itself using steam, start it once, than install the Content Tool and the Mapeditor again. Maybe it works for you too.

• I found The best way to move Lotus is to uninstall the Map editor and the Content tool, move Lotus itself using steam, start it once, than install the Content Tool and the Mapeditor again. Maybe it works for you too.

Unfortunately I haven't got move option in the Steam on the main game, just in the CT and ME. I can make backup safe and check the files states.

• Today I reinstalled full LOTUS game (main game, Map Editor, Content Tool). The main game works well, but the Content Tool and the Map Editor don't detect Workshop items and the main game always check the Workshop items, when I start is. How can I fix this issue?

• Janine

Hat das Thema geschlossen
  • Janine

Hat das Label Steam hinzugefügt
  • Janine

Hat das Label Gelöst hinzugefügt