Step-by-step instructions to configure a hardware steering wheel for street vehicles.
- Of course, it should be shown in Windows and configured properly. An option to combine throttle and brake pedal has to be switched on.
- Launch LOTUS – if it asks you: "New controller found: <controller name>. Load standard settings? Settings can be changed in the options, as well.", you may just click "no".
- Open the options window, change to the "Controller axis" tab and close it with "Cancel"
- Start a new single player game with our bus on the simplest/smallest map you have.
- Open the options window again. You should see the "Controller axis" tab again. Click onto "Steering (wheel)" (not "Steering (gamecontroller)!"), select "Add".
- The message box "LOTUS listens..." will show. Now turn your wheel, until it shows the appropriate axis. Now click onto "OK".
- Repeat this with "Throttle/Brake w. dead zone" and using one of your brake or throttle pedal.
- Click on Save and test.
- If one of these axis is inverted, you can activate the checkbox in the "Inv" column behind the affected event.