1 Start LOTUS in VR mode
- Check the requirements of your device
- Install the VR client (SteamVR or Oculus Rift Client)
- Either set the starting parameter in LOTUS or chose the VR version of LOTUS in Steam
- The device gets detected automatically
- Setup your game in the main menu and start the game
- Put on your device
- Place yourself upright on your chair, look straight forward and center your view with Ctrl+Shift+V.
- You can center the mouse by pressing the space bar.
- Go ingame to Options --> Graphics and check the box named "Minimum effects" and also activate maybe "Reduced texture resolution".
- Antialiasing with Oculus Rift: Go to the install directory of the VR client (like C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\ ) and start the program OculusDebugTool. Change the value of Pixels Per Display Pixel Override to 1.5 or 2 (the value of 2 is recommended).
4 Capture videos while in VR mode
- with Oculus Rift:Go to the install directory of the VR client and start the program OculusMirror. Capture this program instead of LOTUS. There are several parameters possible for this program:
-RectilinearBothEyes --> shows both VR eyes not in undistorted
-PostDistortion --> shows both VR eyes distorted and with abberations - That's the original sight you get on your device.
-LeftEyeOnly oder -RightEyeOnly --> Shows only one eye
-IncludeGuardian --> This will show a message, when the specified borders or objects are reached
-IncludeNotifications --> Shows notifications
-Width X und -Height X --> This will set the window widht and height