Low performance in the game. Solutions and actions to improve performance.

• All links to the test folders at the end of this post.

In general, this time I decided to test LOTUS for performance to stop the friezes, or at least this data would go on to further improve the simulator.

Once again I read this topic (Performance in LOTUS) and while doing two tests. One is just a test to see what the FPS will produce when other programs run in the background. That is, I took a ride on Diorama on GT6H and recorded with screenshots, where I often had the FPS sagged. As a result, I wanted to remove the tram and put one of my own, but LOTUS closed (I saved the log files, it will be in the folder "Test 1", and there are screenshots). The second test is the same, but I opened a dialog box (Strg+Shift+Alt+W) and started recording half of the lap on video. I saved it all in the "Test 2" folder, where the video and the log file are located.

Okay, now, here's a question. It's just that I didn't understand what to do a bit further, so I wanted to clarify it once again.

Das Spiel-Szenario sollte im ersten Teil des Tests immer beibehalten werden und eine reproduzierbare Spiel-Situation darstellen. Diese Situation sollte stets

- die gleiche Karte und das selbe Fahrzeug
    - am selben Entrypoint
    - zur selben Uhrzeit am selben Datum

sein. Der Quickstart-Button kann das Neuladen beschleunigen, verändert aber die Uhrzeit abhängig von der lokalen Zeit, weshalb bei mit Quickstart geladenen Test-Situationen darauf geachtet werden sollte, zwischen den Tests nicht zu viel Zeit und keine relevanten Wechsel, wie von Tag zu Nacht, passieren zu lassen.

I mean, in the first test (or in one test) I have to do:

1) Download Diorama and GT6H.

2) Select the same point as the one you originally took

3) Select a single time and date for the test

Did I get that right?

After this test, I save the log file and what else?

Next, after the first test, so I'm doing the second test? I mean this one:

Darüber hinaus muss das Szenario in drei verschiedenen Varianten getestet werden, um Aussagen über die Ursachen der Performance-Probleme treffen zu können:

- Karte mit Fahrzeug laden, sofort losfahren und die Performance während dieser Runde messen
    - Karte mit Fahrzeug laden, eine Runde fahren und im Anschluss, in einer zweiten Runde, die Performance messen
    - Karte mit Fahrzeug laden, eine Runde fahren und im Anschluss im Stand die Performance messen

So it's to measure and take screenshots? Or you can videotape it from your phone?

Then I saw that in the end Dioramu's card should not be used as a test. Or did I misunderstand?

About paragraph 4 of the article. Is there the same program either in English or in Russian? This is the speech from point 4.3.

But I can't do paragraph 4.2, because I still have one hard drive.

5,6,7 point I will do after the explanation to point 5. Anyway, I'm going to write 5, 6 and 7 points more.

Also, here's the question. And what are the two lct files at the end of this article? What are they for?

If it is a performance or another possibly hardware-related problem, please post your system information. Those are:

• OS and architecture (64bit)
    • Processor clock rate - 4,20 GHz
    • Processor cores - AMD FX(tm) - 4350 Quad-Core
    • RAM - 12 Gb
    • Type of hard drive (HDD) - TOSHIBA HDWD130 (2794 Gb)
    • Desktop
    • Name of your graphics card - GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
    • OpenGL version (see LOTUS logfile) - OpenGL-Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 441.66

LINKS:

TEST1  TEST2

• "Download" in step 1 is not the correct term, but I assume you mean "select" because map and vehicle are base content of LOTUS, which you have in any case after buying the Rails of LOTUS module. So you got that right.

For measuring and recording the performance you should open the performance window with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+W, click "Display On/Off" in that window to start measuring and at the end click it again to stop it. Then take a screenshot of the result (see example in the lexicon entry). There appears to be a button labeled "Start Recording" as well and you would guess that this would provide more detailed information to the developers, but Janine doesn't say anything about it in the lexicon entry.

Next, after the first test, so I'm doing the second test? I mean this one:

Not quite. The first quote in your post describes the procedure you should follow in each of the three tests, not just the first one. The second quote describes the three different tests you should conduct:

1. Load map with vehicle, start driving immediately and measure performance in your first lap.
    2. Load map with vehicle, drive one lap without measuring and then measure performance during the second lap.
    3. Load map with vehicle, drive one lap without measuring and then measure performance while standing.

Then I saw that in the end Dioramu's card should not be used as a test. Or did I misunderstand?

You misunderstood. It says that Diorama is a map that is well-suited for performance tests because it has a small loop you can drive and come back to the starting point and because it is not too easy to handle for the hardware.

About paragraph 4 of the article. Is there the same program either in English or in Russian?

You mean CPU-Z? The website is in English, so of course there's an English version of the program. Or do you mean a translation of the lexicon entry?

And what are the two lct files at the end of this article? What are they for?

These contain a very simple map and a very simple vehicle for users who experienced a very low performance in their tests even with the lowest graphics settings. They are referred to in section 6 and are only meant for extreme cases, probably you will not need them because in that case you would spend more time cursing and not develop content. ;) That is unless you want to use other hardware setups than of the one you've used so far, of course.

• I decided to continue this thread (maybe I'll rename it later) and did some performance tests today after the new patch was released. Recorded two videos, with my computer data in the upper left corner.

I tested on two maps - Diorama (standard) and Kazan (I took this map, as it is 90% empty) and on different rolling stock.

Game version EA.094.

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 60 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstellen Sie ggf. ein neues Thema.

Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen: 5
    Maximale Dateigröße: 500 kB
    Erlaubte Dateiendungen: bmp, cfg, ini, jpeg, jpg, lct, ldl, llg, lob, log, lpmtl, lptmt, ltx, pas, pdf, png, railtrack, rar, txt, veh, wav