Plugin für FAP's mit Object Pascal (Delphi 7)

• Hello Frank, and Lars,

Found you again at last :)

I had to take a break from building my omsi FAP... a break of 5 years!!! the reason: i messed up life really bad, i had a couple of suicide attempts as a result, but i'm through the other side now, and i am working hard to fix the things i messed in life,

I recently built a new shed and have a room in it for my bus simulator, which i am re-building as the entire drivers section from a bus, no more dashboard sitting on my computer desk in the living room or me :)

I know that the lotus version of komsi will be amazing, your work really helped so many people get much much more out of omsi, and i am sure bus scrapyards made lots of money selling old dashboards to us.

• Hallo zusammen!

Nach einer gefühlten Ewigkeit des Abwartens habe ich festgestellt, dass LOTUS nun soweit ist, dass ich es vernüftig spielen kann. Ist bestimmt schon länger so aber für mich ist es jetzt soweit. Als nächstes habe ich mir wieder die Pluginschnittstelle vorgenommen und daran getüftelt. Irgendwie ist es doch wieder ein bisschen anders als in Omsi. Aber so soll es auch sein. Leider konnte ich mit Pulle noch nicht in Kontakt treten und versuche mich nun wieder selbst daran. Die ersten Erfolge habe ich schon, das Plugin startet und ich erhalte auch das Formular im Spiel.

Im Moment bin ich dabei, mich mit der .ini-Datei auseinanderzusetzen, die doch schon ein bisschen anders ist als die alte .opl-Datei bei Omsi und die Strings dementsprechend mit der .dll zu verbinden.

Ich wollte mich nur mal zurückmelden!

Gazz292 : Bist du noch dabei oder sogar schon weitergekommen. Habe mich gefreut, von dir zu lesen!

Gruß BVG'er

Leitsatz des Lebens: "Bevor ich mich darüber Ärgere, ist es mir lieber egal !".

• Es freut uns natürlich, dass Du Dich mit dem Thema auseinander setzt! :-)

Ja, habe echt wieder lust dazu. Ich denke, ich brauche dann auch noch ein bisschen Hilfe von dir ;). Als erstes, ich arbeite mit (..hust...hust..) Delphi 7 . Hast du eine Ahnung wie ich damit auf 64-Bit kompilieren kann. Bin im Moment noch auf dem 32-Bit-Trip. Muss ich mir dafür eine neue Version anschaffen?

• Ich fürchte ja... DLLs arbeiten so dicht an der Hauptexe dran, dass man leider 32bit und 64bit-Exen braucht.

Aber bereits XE2 konnte 64bit... vielleicht kannst Du an die Version einigermaßen einfach rankommen? Andererseits habe ich letztens gesehen, dass Embarcadero eine Gratisversion für Kleinstprojekte anbietet... musst mal auf der Webseite schauen!

• hey there,

My progress on my NG272 drivers workplace stalled last year,

i was working on making a slightly smaller HPW MAS-3 IBIS that was 3D printed, and used a LCD that is cheap and easy to get... so anyone else could replicate it.

with a lot of help from people on the arduino forum i got the LCD working how i wanted, i had designed the front case of the IBIS, and next i needed to sort out the switches that sat behind the front panel.

Then my bipolar sort of flipped and i was stuck in a depressive state until about november.

This year i have been making 3D printed train driving levers, as i also like to play on train simulator 2022 and TSW2... and eventually zusi.

i am about 3/4 of the way through that project (to have a portable, 62.5% scale, train driving console for German trains... with changeable notch wheels to match the levers positions in the train driving sims)

So when i have finished that, my omsi cab is going to get all my attention, and i really want to get it finished this year.

• Ich fürchte ja... DLLs arbeiten so dicht an der Hauptexe dran, dass man leider 32bit und 64bit-Exen braucht.

Aber bereits XE2 konnte 64bit... vielleicht kannst Du an die Version einigermaßen einfach rankommen? Andererseits habe ich letztens gesehen, dass Embarcadero eine Gratisversion für Kleinstprojekte anbietet... musst mal auf der Webseite schauen!

Hey Marcel, danke für den Tipp. Ich habe mir die Gratisversion heruntergeladen. Nun muss ich mal schauen ob die Features für meine Belange reicht. Brauche ja wenigstens noch die ComPort-Komponente, neben der 64-Bit Kompilierung! Ausserdem muss ich mir das erstmal ansehen ob ich mit solch einer fortschrittlichen Sofware überhaupt klar komme.....

BTW: Fortschritt im Pluginbau...die Leuchtmelder kommen jetzt auf der Form an. Als nächster Schritt dann die Verbindung zum Arduino!

Gazz292 : Freue mich, dass du den Weg zurück gefunden hast und es dir wieder besser geht. Wenn du soweit bist, dann sage Bescheid, wir basteln dann wieder gemeinsam am FAP :fantastic:

• I'm really sorry to hear about your problems, because more or less I'm in the same boat as you (well, from the university era I've been visiting multiple doctors with this topic) and from experience I know, that it's not easy to talk about these things (another thing I figured out though it's that it helps to chat with people who experienced the same thing, like phobias, depression - it's just easier to talk about something you both now what it's like). Also glad you're getting better :)

If you need help with the scripting part (I mean the plugin for LOTUS), I'd be happy to help - I've made my own plugin for metro car cabs, it drives the lights and gauges well, and to be honest, yes, it's using a similar method as the OMSI plugin (it sends a pre-defined, constructed string with all the data, via serial bus). Though it definately needs performance touches, because the Arduino doesn't like to buffer all the data enough, unless I send data to it let's say only 4-5 times a second. Maybe it's even settable in Arduino, I didn't figure it out yet.

• Hallo Pulle , hallo BVGer ,

ich bin zufällig auf diesen Theard gestoßen. Damals war ich auch bei OmsiDeluxe im Forum und hatte Kontakt mit euch beiden. Vielleicht erinnert ihr euch ja? Bin Kai mit der ganzen O405GN² Kabine damals und einem Schulprojekt. Es geht euch hoffentlich aktuell gut? Tatsächlich habe ich mich in den vergangenen Tagen auch mal wieder mit dem FAP-Bau beschäftigt und experimentiere hier seit Tagen mit dem Thema Inputs herum. Wie habt ihr die bei euren aktuellen Projekten denn umgesetzt? Das Arcaze-Board von Simple Solution gibt es ja leider mittlerweile nicht mehr. Würde mich freuen von euch zu hören ;)

Viele liebe Grüße

Kai

• Hye there BVGer,

I know you have sold your FAP now, but i was wondering if you ever got that Dreiha heating controller working?

i have finally managed to get one myself, i've de-soldered the 2 ribbon cables from the main pcb so i have just the front panel, and i've managed to work out most of the led's connections (i can trigger each one individually except for the 2 in the 'Heat increase and decrease' buttons... i've never seen one of these controllers working in a bus, so i am unsure if they should light up when pressed or not,

I know Pulle's forum had wiring diagrams and arduino code for these controllers, but i never managed to download them before it went offline,

I can illuminate the whole panel... i have one dead surface mount led, and the backlights are in series strings and need 24 volts to light them all up.

but the switches seem to be a matrix that i haven't figured out yet,

As a last resort i can cut PCB traces and add wires directly to the led's and switches, but if someone's figured this out without having to do that, i'd love to know the details.