LOTUS is now in Early Access and hence publicly available! We primarily address players and addon developers who appreciate an intense communication with the developers, want to implement their own projects in an early stage of development, want to influence the development of LOTUS or just want to be players from the very start.
There are three opportunities to get information about the features of LOTUS:
- The product description on Steam contains a rough and short overview about functions that are already implemented or upcoming.
- Our Patch notes contain precise and detailed information on which features are actually implemented in LOTUS.
- Here on this page you find an overview of what has already been implemented in LOTUS and what you can except. More detailed than Steam and less detailed than the patch notes.
Here we distinguish between full concept, party finished or currently in progress, already finished and not yet begun.
"Rails of "
→ The LOTUS module which unlocks railbound vehicles, like trams and trains, is already for sale. Finished is the physics and infrastructure, which is needed to simulate and drive railbound vehicles of all kind realistically. This module is patched and extended permanently, so it will contain signals, signal boxes and train protection systems as well, later.
"Streets of "
→ The LOTUS module which unlocks streetbound vehicles, like busses and cars, has been published meanwhile. So it is already possible to import street vehicles with the Content Tool.
"Wings of "
→ The LOTUS module to fly will be published significantly later than Rails and Streets. We have not begun with the neccessary implementations to LOTUS.
- "Rails of "
- LOTUS-Simulator as 64bit version
- File management, addon management
- Script processing
- Plugin interface (connecting and using driver's desks, steering wheels, setpoint generators, cranks, levers and other hardware)
- VR support (Oculus Rift and OpenVR)
- Individual keyboard and gamecontroller setup
- Terrain- and surface rendering, vehicles-, buildings- and scenery rendering
- Effects: Dynamic lighting, shadows, shininess, blend effects (sun, tunnels), normal- and bump mapping, parallax occlusion, heat haze, retro reflections
- Particle system for steam effects
- Vegetation (grass, trees, bushes) - currently trees, bushes and grass by addon developers
- Realtime reflections (rear mirrors, environment)
- Water (rivers, lakes, ditches, banks, ponds)
- Rail physics and infrastructure
- Coupling, decoupling, train behaviour
- Switches (except for special constructions)
- Catenary (except for span bridges)
- Wheel's physics (for streets vehicles of all kind)
- Articulated (bus) physics
- Sound rooms, distinction between inside- and outside sounds
- Play sounds and control per script
- Volume depending on range
- Environmental physics
- Day-night-cycle, sun position
- Module system: Change vehicle's individual modules, like displays, bord computers, ticket printer, engine, gearbox, driver's desks, pantographs, door variations, etc.
- Free train configuration
- Realtime help system upon maloperation, vehicle-individually
- Drive by schedule, tours and routes
- Load multiple maps simultaneously
- World for real and world for fictional and semi-real maps
- General gameplay features, like group management, game creation, join game, chat, virtual companies, calendar, ...
- Game leader features: Assign roles, tasks, duties, vehicles, change of the environment
- Configuration of the own appearance in the simulator
- Statistics, rankings, achievements
- Map "Berlin traffic"
Tram line M1, currently working on:
- Hackescher Markt
- Rosenthaler Straße
- Hackescher Markt
- Bus line 100
- Subway lines U7 and U2
- Suburban train from Spandau to Lichtenberg (or further)
- Tram line M1, currently working on:
- 3D model inside and outside, cockpit details, driving physics, sounds, car control, electricity supply, driving control, door control, lighting inside and outside
- Reverse driver's desk
- IBIS and displays
- MMS (HMI)
- Inside details
- Bus: MAN Lion's City double decker
- Subway: Small profile class A3 and large profile class F
- Suburban train: DB class 481
- Test map "Diorama"
- Basic scenery objects for free use
- Streets and crossings construction
- Track and switch construction
- Laying splines and polygons
- Placing objects
- Placing maps on the real world model
- Display world map beneath the terrain
- Import Digital elevation model
- Bridge and tunnel construction
- Free-form and paint terrain
- AI paths
- Further catenaries (span bridges, ...)
- Lines, schedules, tours
- Comprehensive content management system
- Import of vehicles and scenery objects
- Comprehensive configurations of animation, lightings, vehicle behaviour, even complex car configurations like Z-positions and Jacobs Bogies
- Vehicle scripts and script simulation
- Configuration of displays (matrix etc.) at the vehicle
- Mesh animations
- Particle systems on vehicles
- Comprehensive configurations of materials, including night textures and surfaces
- Modularisation of vehicles, e.g. displays, printers, passenger information
- Vehicle individualisation and details (car numbers, constructor and model information, vehicle-number-specific defects)